[asterisk-dev] Zaptel project being renamed to DAHDI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 20 06:53:01 CDT 2008

James Finstrom wrote:

> To another subject in this topic one thing that has kept zaptel out of the kernel tree has been the exact issue that has lead th the new name. So with this remedied can we expect to see dahdi hit the kernel?

Actually, that's not the primary reason that Zaptel has not been pushed
for including in the kernel tree. The reason is that we still want
dual-license control over the code in Zaptel/DAHDI, and we can't easily
maintain that control if the code is managed in a tree we don't own.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies