[asterisk-dev] Associating IAX2 audio frames with a particular call?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun May 18 10:47:33 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:01:11PM +0100, Dan Mills wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 00:37 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > Whaddayou doin' over here?  :-)
>
> CallCommander, Asterisk, <Hybrid>, Jack... You get the idea.

Yeah, I know.  :-)

> Fred has some code dealing with the CC->Asterisk control bit, so it is
> just getting the audio in and out that is the thing that is the problem.

Ah.

> > > I am guessing that opening up one IAX2 session per audio port on my
> > > device is NOT the way to do this?
> >
> > No, it probably *is*.  You'll be using JACK, right?  I would think
> > you'd want to put each call on it's on 'port' on the JACK side...
>
> I thought IAX2 supported running as a trunk carrying multiple calls?

Sure.

> Sure I want each call on its own jack port pair, but I was hoping I
> could open a single IAX2 connection to the server and have all the calls
> sent across that link, instead of having to create one network
> connection per 'line'. The call setup and control stuff seems to
> understand about multiple sessions, but the audio frames don't on the
> face of it appear to include this information.

Ah.  I misunderstood what you were complaining about.  :-)

Yeah, I would think you could trunk them; I gather you're having
problems, then, getting the library to take the individual streams back
apart to hand them to JACK?

Dan, for those playing along at home, is one of the people coding on
the Rivendell/Call Commander open source broadcast automation projects,
over on the other side of my mailbox.

> Now, another telephony question, does anyone have some good ASRC code
> out there?
> I have the audio interface running at one rate and the telephony bit
> running at another (and they are not phase locked), so some buffering
> and clever resampling will be needed, but the delay locked control loop
> is giving me fits at the moment.

Libsamplerate gets, I gather, mixed reviews.  Is it on point?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)