[asterisk-dev] Associating IAX2 audio frames with a particular call?

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Sun May 18 07:01:11 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 00:37 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> Whaddayou doin' over here?  :-)

CallCommander, Asterisk, <Hybrid>, Jack... You get the idea.
Fred has some code dealing with the CC->Asterisk control bit, so it is
just getting the audio in and out that is the thing that is the problem.

> > I am guessing that opening up one IAX2 session per audio port on my
> > device is NOT the way to do this?
>
> No, it probably *is*.  You'll be using JACK, right?  I would think
> you'd want to put each call on it's on 'port' on the JACK side...

I thought IAX2 supported running as a trunk carrying multiple calls?

Sure I want each call on its own jack port pair, but I was hoping I
could open a single IAX2 connection to the server and have all the calls
sent across that link, instead of having to create one network
connection per 'line'. The call setup and control stuff seems to
understand about multiple sessions, but the audio frames don't on the
face of it appear to include this information.

Now, another telephony question, does anyone have some good ASRC code
out there?
I have the audio interface running at one rate and the telephony bit
running at another (and they are not phase locked), so some buffering
and clever resampling will be needed, but the delay locked control loop
is giving me fits at the moment.

Regards, Dan.