[asterisk-dev] Commit 115588 (and chan_skinny)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed May 14 07:30:47 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> I think the major culprit here is that as of late, the automerge has been,
> to put it charitably, slow.  When I did a recent merge of a branch, I noted
> several days of changes to trunk that had not yet been automerged to
> my branch, so just before I did the merge of my branch, I manually did
> the process normally done by automerge.

Regardless of the state of the automerge process, it's always good practice to
run "svnmerge merge" on your branch before attempting to merge it in.  You have
to check for changes made since the last automerge.  When automerge is happy,
that could be up to an hour ago.  During US business hours, quite a few changes
happen within an hour ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer