[asterisk-dev] Commit 115588 (and chan_skinny)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue May 13 23:32:12 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 19:33:58 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Mark Michelson wrote:
> > Yikes, sorry about that. Apparently my merge did not go as smoothly as I
> > would have liked here. I will revert the unwanted changes made to
> > chan_skinny in this commit and try to make sure there weren't any other
> > ill effects.
>
> This is why the CODING-GUIDELINES document contains the following
> statement:
>
> - Read the patch
> Before submitting a patch, *read* the actual patch file to be sure that
> all the changes you expect to be there are, and that there are no
> surprising changes you did not expect. During your development, that
> part of Asterisk may have changed, so make sure you compare with the
> latest CVS.
>
> It is very easy for things like this to happen, especially when using
> automated processes that make large numbers of changes in a single
> commit. Be careful :-)

I think the major culprit here is that as of late, the automerge has been,
to put it charitably, slow.  When I did a recent merge of a branch, I noted
several days of changes to trunk that had not yet been automerged to
my branch, so just before I did the merge of my branch, I manually did
the process normally done by automerge.

--
Tilghman