[asterisk-dev] Reintroduce deprecated applications

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Mon May 12 19:13:18 CDT 2008

I don't have any particular strong feelings one way or the other on the
old applications other than to say that everyone likes a simple upgrade
path so keeping backwards compatibility is always nice.

My only question mark would be, if the applications are worth keeping,
aren't they worth improving? Why not accept patches?

It is completely reasonable to take the position that Digium is not
going to expend resources working on old applications because every
contributor in an opensource application has the "right" to decide whats
worth working on and that includes Digium. And by the same logic,
contributors who want to improve applications should be allowed, no?

Another option might be to move them to a separate package along the
lines of asterisk-addons.

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca