[asterisk-dev] Enhancing/Tweaking AMD

Chris asterisk at ontimetelecom.com
Sat May 10 09:25:13 CDT 2008

Out of curiosity, has anyone made enhancements or modifications to the
AMD portion of their Asterisk setup?  We currently run a service that
places calls for businesses and are running into issues where when their
users answer the phone, they may have to wait 8, 10, 20 seconds before
the message begins playing.  It obviously varies from phone to phone and
we realize there's no way to get it 100% for everyone.  Perhaps the best
way to handle it is to have a rapid detect version and a more accurate
detect version and give each business the choice.  We were wondering
what the best settings for such a setup would be.  Currently, we run AMD
with the following: 3500|1500|300|5000|120|50|5|256 followed by a
waitforsilence with the following: 2000|1.  We are open to any
suggestions or advice on this one as we've tried tweaking the values and
all that seems to accomplish is an improvement on one phone and a
backstep on another.  Thanks!!