[asterisk-dev] Proposed changes to accountcode in CDRs

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri May 9 03:07:16 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Brian Degenhardt <bmd at digium.com> wrote:
> Grey Man <greymanvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Brian Degenhardt <bmd at digium.com> wrote:
>  >> I'd love to get some feedback from those who are involved in CDRs and
>  >> billing on systems that actually do perform fancy operations such as
>  >> blind and assisted transfers.  Would this behavior cause any problems
>  >> for anybody?
>  >>

> >> cheers
>  >>
>  >> Brian Degenhardt
>  >> Switchvox Engineer
>  >> Digium, Inc.
>  >
>  > Hi Brian,
>  >
>  > A lot of us have already recorded the significant issues with Asterisk
>  > CDR's when transfers occur.
>  >
>  > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11093
>  > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11849
>  >
>  > It's also worth noting that murf, who to date appears the only core
>  > developer interested, already tried to improve the situation from 1.2
>  > to 1.4 but from the CDR's for transfers are now possibly more
>  > inaccurate.
>  >
>  > I also raised the problem on the Asterisk-User's list as there are a
>  > number of VoIP providers losing money.
>  >
>  > http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-January/204856.html
>
>  I can appreciate your concerns.  CDRs are infused with a lot of
>  varying business rules, and murf has done a great job at making
>  difficult compromises in the attempts to make something that works for
>  everybody.  Certainly there's always more room for improvement.
>
>  Let's put aside the complete issue of CDRs for a moment though and
>  focus specifically on accountcodes.  Can you see any problem with not
>  implicitly transfering the accountcode from one channel to another
>  when a bridge occurs?

After a while i understood this. Yes, that would be a problem for me.
As I mentioned before, i set accountcode to unique id for call. So all
bridged channels have the same accountcode. Indeed, that won't make
significant changes inc CDR, but will have impact on active channel
list. Why I need it there? To Identify that this channel belongs to
that call, or to better group channels into viewable list.

I know that there's bridgedto field, but that might be inaccurate in
some cases. I don't have a sample handy, but my channel list parsing
code reminds me that.

Can't You just change accountcode in TRANSFER_CONTEXT?

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,