[asterisk-dev] NCS patch for 1.4.18

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Mar 31 22:30:17 CDT 2008

At 2:00 PM +0300 3/30/08, Nickola Kolev wrote:

>Hello, list,
>
>For a couple of days I've been trying to find a working patch for Asterisk
>PBX, that would allow me to use an eMTA device, provisioned according to
>[some of] the PacketCable specifications - i.e. with MGCP/NCS. So, I've
>found a patch, written by Jason Burton in 2006, as shown here:
>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-October/024164.html
>
>When I tried to apply it on a vanilla 1.4.18 Asterisk source tree, it spew
>a lot of rejects, which then I kind of fixed.
>
>Please, if anyone is interested, give this patch a try a fix any further
>mistakes.
>
>Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer! If you decide to use this, use it at
>your own risk!

Nickola -
   Thank you for the patch!  However, for patches of this size we
would require that you go to the bugs.digium.com site and upload the
patch there after filling out the disclaimer for the code and faxing
it back to Digium (see the website for details.)  If this code is
mostly Jason's, then he will also need to have a disclaimer on file.

   These types of patches are welcome and encouraged, but they will
only receive review and possibly be added to the code if they are
submitted via that website.  Thanks!

JT