[asterisk-dev] MFC/R2 Asterisk Channel Driver

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Mar 29 12:43:50 CDT 2008

Moises Silva wrote:
>> I think this could be a very interesting oportunity for local commercial
>> support.
>> OpenR2 could be oriented to give a better debug information and support
>> could be offered to solve telco specific problems...
>>
> Yup, is in my TODO to give an easier to read output for the MF and CAS
> signaling.

What Unicall MFC/R2 puts out as debug info is pretty comprehensive. The
problem is that no debug output from R2 makes sense unless you have an
understanding of how R2 works. As well as the debug log, I put out
fairly specific error codes. They still don't mean a lot unless you
understand R2. The problems people have had in getting a new install
running made me think quite a bit about improvements, but I couldn't
come up with anything that reliably told the user precisely what was
wrong. A lot get things like the CAS bits working fine, but no tones
from the telco, or the telco ignores their tones. These typically turn
out to be misconfiguration at the telco end.
>> Moises, think about include in your site a list of local people for
>> commercial support.
>>
> I will keep it in mind, sounds very useful.
>
> - Moisés Silva

Steve