[asterisk-dev] Issues with main/http.c in trunk

bkruse bkruse at digium.com
Wed Mar 26 14:54:45 CDT 2008

Dan Austin wrote:
> Kevin Wrote:
>
>> Dan Austin wrote:
>>

>>> Does the http interface work for you with a recent checkout of
>>> Trunk?

Just as a little mention. The way asterisk handles the 'prefix' variable
has changed. Often, we have this in http.conf:

prefix=

Which would not set a prefix at all, and would make the url look
something like:

http://box/static/config/cfgbasic.html

This is the default behavior in 1.4.

In trunk (and 1.6, of course), setting the prefix variable to nothing
would never allow me to get to the static folder, with the error "File
not found".

Try setting prefix=test

Then go to

http://box/test/static/config/cfgbasic.html (or whatever your filename is)

There is a bug report open for this, and russellb made an attempt to fix
it, and fixed a couple of little bugs actually, but not the ability to
set the variable to nothing and have there not be a prefix.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12198