[asterisk-dev] zaptel installs headers

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Sun Mar 23 15:46:22 CDT 2008

On Sunday, 23 בMarch 2008, Vasil Kolev wrote:
> В 01:48 +0200 на 23.03.2008 (нд), Tzafrir Cohen написа:
> > /usr/include/linux should include linux headers to userspace programs.
> > Not to other kernel modules. Can you suggest a different place?
> If it's for building kernel modules, somewhere in
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/

Regretfully, zaptel is not part of the kernel source.
Therefore, It should definitely *not* touch the source directory
(/lib/..../build).

It seems that building zaptel drivers requires maintaining zaptel
sources at the moment.

For Bob -- if you need to compile against several zaptel versions,
simply arrange a forest of zaptel trees. A little creative symlinking
to your source would enable you to compile a single canonical source
against several zaptel versions.

Not ideal, but not a big deal either (that's what we do now).

ICQ UIN: 16527398

"Normally the saying is: 'Fast, Reliable, Cheap. Pick any two.' But with
Linux you can pick all three!"
        --from a Slashdot post