[asterisk-dev] documentation to docbook

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Mar 8 17:05:55 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 02:49:57AM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> How about asciidoc?
>
> Check the documentation of Zaptel in http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/
> (The page you see there is README.html )
>
> Those are generated from README and xpp/README.Astribank.html . Note
> that I use asciidoc from Debian Sid on this otherwise Debian Etch server
> to generate those configs, as I want to get decent table of contents.
>
> asciidoc can also generate docbook output . See sample output in
> http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/a2x/
>
> However, I'm not sure it fares well with multi-page input (never tried).

Just did. Seems to work pretty well.
http://bugs.digium.com/12171

I apply theer a simple filter on the configuration files and add
commented headers. A sed one-liner is all I needed so far.

I'm still looking for a more elegant way of creating referencable names.
e.g: to be able to write '<conf-zapata-context>' to refer the
"context" parameter in zapata.conf . I'm not sure what kind of
namespacing is needed and what syntax I'm after.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com