[asterisk-dev] documentation to docbook

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Mar 7 18:49:57 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 12:03:17AM +0100, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just being curious here.
> Is anybody interested in documentation in docbook format
> instead of tex format ?
> If so, I'm willing to do the work and maintain it till it
> get merged to trunk.
> Some people on IRC #asterisk-dev already agreed that docbook
> should be the documentation format, but 2 or 3 votes is not
> enough to start working on the conversion of all the great
> docs in tex format.
>
> Please let me know what you think.

How about asciidoc?

Check the documentation of Zaptel in http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/
(The page you see there is README.html )

Those are generated from README and xpp/README.Astribank.html . Note
that I use asciidoc from Debian Sid on this otherwise Debian Etch server
to generate those configs, as I want to get decent table of contents.

asciidoc can also generate docbook output . See sample output in
http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/a2x/

However, I'm not sure it fares well with multi-page input (never tried).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com