[asterisk-dev] Asterisk LDAP res_config_ldap.c Bounty

Faraz Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Fri Mar 7 03:00:04 CST 2008

Dear all,
In brief we need help in making res_config_ldap.c stable and fully
functional. Code will be contributed back to Asterisk and we even
intend (as a Digium Reseller) to work with Digium in having this code
incorporated in the next ABE version so that it can interoperate with
our product.

Details follow.

As of Asterisk 1.6.0-beta2 the status of res_config_ldap is as follows
(as evaluated by
us):

1. extensions realtime: Simple (non pattern based) extensions work
fine, but patterns are
not working (realtime_multi_ldap func is being called)
2. Queues realtime: ldap lookup works fine with Queues, but
QueueMember lookup fails
(realtime_multi_ldap func is being called)
3. Voicemail works fine
4. sip peers work fine.

We need:
Priority 1: A fix for the above issues in Asterisk 1.6.x TRUNK for
immediate use. We
think the culprit is the multi_ldap function being called). Complete
stress testing of res_config_ldap.c under a heavily loaded PBX using
OpenLdap 2.4 (Library and server).    Bounty: $1000

Priority 2: Backport of the code to the 1.4.X branch for inclusion in
the next Asterisk Business Edition. We will work with digium to have
this feature incorporated after the code in 1.6.x TRUNK is considered
stable. This obviously makes sense only after the above task is
considered stable. Bounty: $400

Please respond with timelines and a brief overview of past experience
with Asterisk.

The existing asterisk 1.6.0-beta2 needs a simple patch to start
working which we have
contributed at:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12112

The same patch should work with TRUNK as the res_config_ldap.c file is
unchanged.

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect