[asterisk-dev] ztscan checks __ZT_SIG_DACS for a digital span

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 4 10:20:42 CST 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> BRI devices can only use the third channel as a D channel - it is
> defined to be a different channel. So AFAIK there is no equivalent of
> DAKS for BRI and hence BRI is digital but incapable of DAKS .

I have no idea what you are talking about; DACS has nothing to do with D
channels at all. DACS is 'Digital Access Cross Connect', and it is a
method of directly connecting digital channels together to reduce
latency and provide transparent connectivity.

This means connecting two B channels together at the closest possible
point to where they entered the system that is handling them. In the
case of a BRI card, I'd expect the BRI interface chip to be able to DACS
the two B channels on a single BRI, and if the chip supports more than
one BRI it should be able to DACS B channels between any of the BRIs it
is connected to.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies