[asterisk-dev] ztscan checks __ZT_SIG_DACS for a digital span

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 4 08:54:35 CST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:25:58AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > However, I wonder if there's not a better and more direct check. I don't
> > think that the BRI module should even have that capability.
>
> I could find any other way of reliably detecting a digital span. I'm
> fine with adding some sort of flag to the span that ztscan can use; now
> that ztscan is in the Zaptel tree it's easy to upgrade them together.
>
> On the subject of supporting DACS; any digital span with more than one
> channel should support DACS mode if at all possible. It's the only way
> to do zero- (or minimal) latency digital switching between channels.

BRI devices can only use the third channel as a D channel - it is
defined to be a different channel. So AFAIK there is no equivalent of
DAKS for BRI and hence BRI is digital but incapable of DAKS .

I thought that a better test with the current interface is the
"spantype" field. Though many existing drivers don't set it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com