[asterisk-dev] Differences between wctdm and wctdm24xxp

Steve Suehring astdev at braingia.org
Fri Jun 27 19:23:27 CDT 2008

Hello,

I recently replaced a TDM22B with a TDM402B and I'm having problems getting the TDM402B
working like the TDM22B used to.  I believe there to be a problem with the driver for
the wctdm24xxp, or there was a legacy problem (feature) with the wctdm and the old card
that was fixed.

As someone who has submitted a small feature patch for the 1.6 code I'm not afraid to
spend some time hacking the module code either, if necessary.  I'm hoping someone can
lend a hand and point me in the right direction in the wctdm24xxp code on the zap 1.4.11
base.

The set up that I have consists of a POTS line connected one of the FXO ports the
TDM402B, two SIP phones, and three regular handsets.  Both the asterisk server and the
three handsets all home-run to the telco drop.  When one of the plain, non-SIP handsets
is taken off-hook, the asterisk server is reading that as being an event and fires off
Simple Switch on the FXO port which puts it into the correct context for an incoming
call.  Problem is, there's no incoming call, just someone picking up the phone in order
to dial out from one of the plain handsets.

In the previous incarnation with the TDM22B, this worked fine.  If I power down, take
the TDM402 out and replace it with the TDM22B it works fine.  Removing the TDM22B and
replacing it in the same PCI slot with the new TDM402B, it breaks.  I even went so far
as to remove an FXO module from the new card and put it into one of the slots on the old
TDM22B card, with no luck, which is to say that even with the *new* FXO module in the
old card, it still works as I'd like it to work.

So that leaves me with two apparent differences, the PCI card itself, which does have a
different layout than the old TDM22B, or a bug in the wctdm24xxp module.  Alternately,
this could have been a bug in the wctdm code or old card that's now been fixed.
However, for my purposes it's a bug now.  :)

Can someone point me in the direction of the code in the wctdm24xxp that causes it to
detect off-hook or voltage changes where it would think that it's getting an incoming
call?  I spent some time searching around in there but haven't had much success yet.
And I won't ask how wctdm and wctdm24xxp differ because they look fairly different, with
one being 2559 lines and the other 4063.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Steve Suehring