[asterisk-dev] libpri

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Fri Jun 13 03:02:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

Some months ago I filed bug 12357 about libpri enhancements for Q.SIG
connected line updates. But nothing has happened there.

I'm also now planning to do more stuff: the
rose_call_transfer_complete_decode is broken (I need that to receive
connectedline updates during call), and of course writing the encode
function is on list to send the updates during established call.

I might be also doing the so called Single Step Call Transfer (QSIG-SSCT as
specified in ECMA-300). That is transferring of existing call to another
number without additional calls (would make app Transfer work with QSIG).

For the above, I would need to do some ROSE / ASN.1 encoding and decoding
functions. But the current ASN.1 stuff in pri_facility.[ch] is pretty
awful. I'd like to clean up the macros and existing functions. So I'd like
to talk about it in advance to know the new framework is good for all.

And finally, there are two variants of how the ROSE operation ids are
encoded: by local value (called sometimes ISO-QSIG) or by global OIDs
(ECMA-QSIG). Currently libpri does only the local values. Having the global
OIDs would increase interoperability in some cases. So I might be taking a
look at that on some point.

So please, would the libpri people reply to me so I could coordinate my
efforts with them.

Thanks,
  Timo