[asterisk-dev] How to enable dont_optimize automatically

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu Jun 12 06:20:02 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2008, at 6:08 AM, Venefax wrote:
>> I am doing a ./configure --enable-dev-mode with the hope that the
>> compiler
>> flag DONT_OPTIMIZE would be turned on, but it does not work. I also
>> need to
>> turn the G711 algorithm automatically. How can I do that from the
>> ./configure script or any other way but using a human being?
>
> Create an /etc/asterisk.makeopts or ~/.asterisk.makeopts file which
> contains:
>
> COMPILER_FLAGS=DONT_OPTIMIZE G711_NEW_ALGORITHM
>
> Then, those options will be automatically enabled for all builds.
>
> Alternatively, you could have your build script add that to the end of
> the menuselect.makeopts file for each build.
>
> $ ./configure
> $ make menuselect.makeopts
> $ echo "COMPILER_FLAGS=DONT_OPTIMIZE G711_NEW_ALGORITHM" >>
> menuselect.makeopts
> $ make

Similar question - is there a way how to disable download of
CORE-SOUNDS and MOH automatically?  If i remove them in menuselect,
menuselect.makeopts contains:
MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS=
MENUSELECT_MOH=

However, if i add those lines in /etc/asterisk.makeopts they are not
taken into account. Also setting
MENUSELECT_CORE_SOUNDS=CORE-SOUNDS-EN-GSM
MENUSELECT_MOH=MOH-FREEPLAY-WAV

doesn't work.

Regards,
Atis