[asterisk-dev] How to enable dont_optimize automatically

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jun 5 08:37:53 CDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 6:08 AM, Venefax wrote:
> I am doing a ./configure --enable-dev-mode with the hope that the
> compiler
> flag DONT_OPTIMIZE would be turned on, but it does not work. I also
> need to
> turn the G711 algorithm automatically. How can I do that from the
> ./configure script or any other way but using a human being?

Create an /etc/asterisk.makeopts or ~/.asterisk.makeopts file which
contains:

COMPILER_FLAGS=DONT_OPTIMIZE G711_NEW_ALGORITHM

Then, those options will be automatically enabled for all builds.

Alternatively, you could have your build script add that to the end of
the menuselect.makeopts file for each build.

$ ./configure
$ make menuselect.makeopts
$ echo "COMPILER_FLAGS=DONT_OPTIMIZE G711_NEW_ALGORITHM" >>
menuselect.makeopts
$ make

--
Russell Bryant