[asterisk-dev] Snag a caller back from hold in a queue before wrap-up expires.

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Tue Jun 10 19:17:15 CDT 2008

Is there a way programatically with * to snag a caller back from a queue
or fire an event saying "I'm ready!"

Situation:

I have a queue called CLASS for classifed ad taking.  Wrap up time is
set to 60 seconds as they may have some work to do to close out the
call.  All other agents are busy.

I wrap up in 30 seconds and I see 2 callers are waiting in the queue.
Can I somehow announce to the queue I'm back in business, shaving off
that 30 second wait time?  Can it be done automatically?

If I wrote a manager interface and a custom destination, can the manager
retrieve the "next" call in the queue and send it to the extension?

Looking for ideas here.

Thanks

EKG