[asterisk-dev] ${DIALSTATUS} = NULL - is that OK?

Chris Maciejewski chris at wima.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 05:34:29 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 1.6-beta9.

As of http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial
after Dial is finished ${DIALSTATUS} will be one of CHANUNAVAIL, BUSY
etc. However I have just noticed when channel is ringing after Dial
and before it is answered we use 'Bridge' application to connect it to
some other part of the dialplan ${DIALSTATUS} of original Dial is
NULL.

Is behaviour described above normal? The reason I am asking is because
my dialplan logic depends on ${DIALSTATUS} variable and currently I
use "GotoIf($[${ISNULL(${DIALSTATUS})} = 1]?label1:label2)" which
works fine for now, but may break if Dial will return some status in
the future.

Thanks for info.

Chris