[asterisk-dev] ISDN ETSI Call Rerouting

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jun 4 07:53:33 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have Asterisk in front of an Siemens PBX which sends Call Rerouting
> messages (e.g. a user forwards incoming calls to its mobile phone).
>
> The ETSI Call Rerouting works this way:
>
>                                        Hicom   rerouting
> Caller          Telco                   PBX     target
> ------SETUP-----> |
>                   | ----SETUP------------>
>                   | <---CALL PROCEEDING---
>                   | <---FACILITY+ --------
>                   |    EtsiCallRerouting
>                   | ----DISCONNECT------->
>                   | <---RELEASE-----------
>                   | ----RELEASE COMPLETE->
>                   | ----SETUP--------------------->
>

> Thus, I would like to have Asterisk to forward the FACILITY message to
> the telco. I use Asterisk 1.2 which does not support it and AFAIK there
> is also no support for that in 1.4.
>
> Before starting coding I want to know if there is already support for
> that (or at least for decoding/encoding the ETSI Call Rerouting)
> Asterisk 1.6 or trunk?
>
> thanks
> Klaus

Is this what you are looking for? http://kb.digium.com/entry/140/

RLT, What is it?

This feature may also be referenced as RLT (Release Line Transfer).
The following sequence occurs using a 2 B-Channel Transfer:

   1. Call comes in on the PRI.
   2. The call is then transferred back out of the PRI.
   3. Once the call is transferred out, the call is no longer routed
in Asterisk, as the telephone company handles the rest.

The 2B Transfer is thus similar to a SIP re-invite, but for PRI.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

BTW great feature!