[asterisk-dev] pipes and commas: in asterisk.conf

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Jun 3 19:25:51 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 18:32:05 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> [checging the subject for better readability]
>
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 10:05:16PM -0000, SVN commits to the Digium
repositories wrote:
> > Author: tilghman
> > Date: Tue Jun  3 17:05:16 2008
> > New Revision: 120171

> > Log:
> > Move compatibility options into asterisk.conf, default them to on for
> > upgrades, and off for new installations.
>
> That is: those compatibility options have a compile-time default of
> "on".
>
> Not so nice if you write your own asterisk.conf .

That was the agreed upon action when we discussed adding these options:
the option defaults to on, to make upgrades less likely to break, and default
to off when installing new systems.  I'm not sure how else we can minimize
breaking old installations while encouraging new users to get used to not
using the old syntax.  If you have suggestions, I'm certainly open to hearing
them.

> > +		echo "[compat]" ; \
> > +		echo "pbx_realtime=1.6" ; \
> > +		echo "res_agi=1.6" ; \
> > +		echo "app_set=1.6" ; \
>
> What is the meaning of this "compat" section? Will this be the only
> comatibility issue we will ever have with pbx_realtime?

I believe so, yes.  However, using the version numbers should allow us to
work with multiple version changes in the future.

--
Tilghman