[asterisk-dev] [policy] Discussion on IRC - how to make -dev more useful

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Jun 3 08:39:20 CDT 2008

I'm not opposed to anyone trying to make improvements but my honest
feeling is it won't work.

First, this seems like a solution without a problem. The -dev list
really is not that busy. I don't find it all that hard to scan subject
lines and read messages that interest me while ignoring or skimming over
ones that seem less relevant.

Secondly, how are you going to enforce subject line compliance? The
"correct" way to do this would be to split the list into separate lists
but my experience with this is it never works. You just end up with
people cross posting to every list because they always want their posts
to reach the maximum number of readers.

That's just my 2 cents. I'm wiling to abide by whatever consensus is
reached.

Regards,
--
John Lange