[asterisk-dev] Time for a bug fix phase? A PLAN!

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Mon Jun 2 08:46:19 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 06:26 +0100, Grey Man wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com> wrote:
> > SO, here is my plan:
> >
> > I'm opening two new branches, CDRfix4, and  CDRfix6.
> >
> > CDRfix4 will be based on 1.4
> > CDRfix6 will be based on trunk
> >
> > I will then extract the changes made to trunk from CDRfix5, and
> > apply them to both CDRfix4 and CDRfix6. Just the fixes. No enhancements.
> > No CDR_CONTROL func. no linkedid stuff. This is intended to strictly
> > be fixes.
> >
> > While I'm at it, I intend to modify the 1.4 updates to be the same
> > as what's in trunk. That way, when I further fix CDR problems, I will
> > not have to maintain two different versions of CDR systems. This
> > might seem a bit bold, but if I can duplicate good behavior back to
> > 1.2, and fix all/most probs that folks saw in 1.2, then there should
> > be few complaints.
> >
> > I'm hoping, after all is said and done, to close 12724, 11093, 11849,
> > and 10927.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Does this sound like an acceptable plan?
> >
> > murf
> >

> Sounds great to me. I've got a fairly basic test tool I use to
> automate blind and attended transfer calls so whenever there is a
> branch that needs testing I'm more than happy to give it a spin.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greyman.

Greyman--

Wouldn't hurt to test against the target; see just how good/bad
the http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/CDRfix5 branch
is against your test...

** murf crosses fingers and hopes for best **

(for those not understanding "finger crossing", you can translate
to whatever brings you good luck. Thumb pressing in DE. Knock on
wood in ?, whatever)

murf

--
Steve Murphy