[asterisk-dev] Call Intrusion

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:41:23 CDT 2008

I'd not make the analogy with chan spy, you basically just want
un-bridge/bridge functionality. You can achieve that with this patch
for 1.4:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5841,

The mechanism to steal a channel is basically known as masquerading,
and it's an ugly process to look at, but you can do so at
main/channel.c in ast_do_masquerade().

I've heard about a better bridging API in 1.6, but I cannot say
anything about since I have not used it yet.

I don't think you need to write a new Asterisk application, you just
need to use the Bridge sutff either for 1.2/1.4 or the new bridge
stuff for 1.6 which I am sure someone else will point out here.

- Moisés Silva

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Vadim Lebedev <vadim at mbdsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to develop a call intrusion application for asterisk and
> i'd like to have
> feedback on the viablity of my approach.
>
> The call intrusion should work in the way similiar  to  ChanSpy with
> whisper but with a twist:
>
> Suppose part A in B are in call  and C tries to dial  A.
>
> The dialplan will detect that A  busy  will call  Intrude App
>
> The intrude app will, use   something like ChannelRedirect  to redirect
> B to an extension which will
> start play a music to it
>

> Meanwhile C will talk to A and when the call is terminated A should be
> reconnected to B.
>

> I plan to reuse the code from ExtenSpy and ChannelRedirect,  but i for
> the moment
> don't understand how i'll be able to re-bridge  A's and B's channels at
> the end of the intrusion.
>

> Can somebody point me to code in Asterisk codebase doing something similar?
>

> Thanks
> Vadim

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire