[asterisk-dev] Does Asterisk 'queue' DTMFs?

Steven S. Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jul 24 10:45:29 CDT 2008

----- "Saúl Ibarra" <saghul at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'm trying to is capture DTMF digits as soon as possibe,
>  but looking a bit around i think autoservice is not the right place.
> I think the chan_ modules is the right place...

I think maybe you might not understand DTMF as well as you should.

First DTMF events won't be triggered until at least 40msec has passed from the beginning of the tone. This is required to know it is a DTMF tone and not just a spurious tone heard or one spoken close enough. There is some logic to keep a long tone from returning multiple digits as well. There is supposed to be a similar 40msec gap between tones. BTW, these values may not be the exact proper values, but ones I know have worked with MaBell before.

Since you haven't specified what type of game you are trying to code, you should think whether or not a dropped command is what the user would want or expect.

--
critch