[asterisk-dev] SIP disconnect code

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Sun Jul 20 09:49:33 CDT 2008

20 jul 2008 kl. 11.03 skrev Carles Pina i Estany:

> I thought that SIP in Asterisk is enough important to include some
> special variable (specially since we needed in a real case, together
> with some other particular Header). I understand that, for maintenance
> and leave Asterisk not-protocol-focused you decided to not include.

SIP is very important to Asterisk. But given our multiprotocol
architecture, we have
to create solutions that work well and is supportable too. In order to
set a
SIPHANGUPCAUSE on the INBOUND channel, it has to go through the core
and it will be quite some coding to make it work. To do that, and
still not have a
solution that would be much more useful than what we have today is,
well, not something I am  motivated to work with on my own free time.

Remember that this is open source. A working patch that fits the
architecture
is always welcome.

/O