[asterisk-dev] SIP disconnect code

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Jul 20 04:03:22 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Jul/20/2008, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 20 jul 2008 kl. 00.46 skrev Carles Pina i Estany:

> > hangup_sip2cause function could give the same HANGUPCAUSE for more
> > than one SIP disconnect reason, like in the trunk version 481 and 482
> > SIP codes will return AST_CAUSE_INTERWORKING (defined in
> > include/asterisk/causes.h, Q.931 disconnect codes).

[...]

> It has been discussed many times, but since Asterisk is a

Ops, I don't want to waste your/our time if you already discussed...
(but I cannot resist the tempation to comment something)

> multiprotocol PBX, we don't recommend it and won't include it. What
> would you do if you forked a  call to three phones and got different
> results? And if one of the forks is not SIP?

You mean that SIPHANGUPCAUSE makes sense after executing
Dial(SIP/exten at IP,,) and not Dial(SIP/exten at IP&SIP/exten at IP,,)? Ok, then
we could return the one that answered. I guess that you can reply more
cases that doesn't make sense, we could limit this variable to the
easiest one (simple SIP dialing)

If the call goes to a non-SIP channel: I think that the name
SIPHANGUPCAUSE indicates that would not make sense to look on it :-)

I thought that SIP in Asterisk is enough important to include some
special variable (specially since we needed in a real case, together
with some other particular Header). I understand that, for maintenance
and leave Asterisk not-protocol-focused you decided to not include.

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona