[asterisk-dev] Something wron with Trunk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jul 18 09:21:17 CDT 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 05:21:41 Venefax wrote:
> 3 days ago I upgraded a client who has 20.000 (twenty thousand) peers and
> was working with a 1.2 version since 3 years ago. I installed trunk and it
> core dumped 4 times in day and also it became irresponsive, for I could
<snip>

We don't generally recommend running trunk in production, although a few
people do.

> is written to the same SQL database using cdr_odbc. I have a powerful
> reason to use Trunk, and it is that Trunk uses direct-sql, versus the
> prepare, execute and unprepared model used in 1.4. This model is crap,
> because it uses 3 network calls for each SQL statement, thus it is poorly
> scalable.

The number of network calls does not directly relate to the scalability of a
process.  I'm kind of at a loss at how you arrived to this conclusion, but it
is completely erroneous.  What you're describing is linear scale, which is
very scalable.

--
Tilghman