[asterisk-dev] Next 1.6 beta release?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 16 09:30:13 CDT 2008

W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had a timeframe for the next 1.6 beta release. I
> have some bugs I'd like to test on beta instead of SVN code. Included
> in my list is bug #12572.
>
> I've noticed that after a rate of about one beta release per month,
> things have slowed a bit. Could someone provide a quick timeline to
> 1.6? Or are releases made simply "when ready?"

I would like to get one out as soon as possible.  The single reason why
there hasn't been one in a while is the transition from Zaptel to DAHDI.
    The Asterisk changes are now complete.  However, Asterisk 1.6 only
supports DAHDI, and DAHDI has not yet been released.

So, as soon as DAHDI is released in tarball form, you will see the next
tarball of Asterisk 1.6.0.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer