[asterisk-dev] How To

Venefax venefax at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:48:46 CDT 2008

I need to shorten the SIP callid, not the caller-id, on the sip packet to 14
chars long, instead of the 50 or so that it has now. I have interconnection
nightmares because some carriers reject my calls with "message too long".
The question is: Can I configure this value, the length, on some header or
some configuration file? What is the max length allowed in the RFC?
Philip