[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 15 15:11:20 CDT 2008

Russell Bryant wrote:
> The material which concerns syntax _is_ there.  See the proposed format
> and the example conversions.  The goal was certainly to have detailed
> enough information to capture the list of arguments and options, which
> are required, etc.  If it's not good enough to accomplish this, then the
> format is not yet complete.

I would also like to note that this information is needed for the
documentation part, as well.  The current proposed format has no syntax
entry like what is in the documentation today:

Dial(Technology/resource[&Tech2/resource2...][|timeout][|options][|URL])

The reason is that this string should be able to be built based on the
argument information contained within the XML that describes the
application.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer