[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 15 15:03:32 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> I'm primarily concerned about the documentation itself, at this stage.  The
> material which concerns syntax of commands has yet to be developed, and
> so it's not really able to be debated in a meaningful way at this time.  When
> we have a proposal before us, we can review the decision.  But it's premature
> to make any such decision at this time.

That's one of the biggest reasons for having this discussion.  It is a
lot better to figure out the format now instead of having to redo it later.

The material which concerns syntax _is_ there.  See the proposed format
and the example conversions.  The goal was certainly to have detailed
enough information to capture the list of arguments and options, which
are required, etc.  If it's not good enough to accomplish this, then the
format is not yet complete.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer