[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Jul 12 19:43:55 CDT 2008

On 12:41, Sat 12 Jul 08, Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2008, at 7:01 AM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > Precisely.  If the data is embedded directly within the module, then
> > there is
> > no chance of a mismatch.  I think this thread is illustrating nicely
> > just how
> > ugly, inconvenient, confusing, and problematic external
> > documentation can
> > be.
>

> For what it's worth, you guys have me convinced that we need to find a
> solution that embeds the data in the module itself.  :)

Me myself is not really happy with this, but I can understand the reason
why this would be needed.
I think this takes some of the more flexible and cool stuff we can do,
but on the other hand the trouble we could get from it may be worse.

I'll talk it over with bkruse to see what we can do here.

As soon as we come up with something we will post it here for review.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"