[asterisk-dev] PCI Radio Channel interface

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 12 08:08:23 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:41:19AM +0700, R Gazali wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I would like to build a simple radio channel interface for my asterisk box.
>> Can anyone advise me where should I start to learn it and how to write a simple codes.
>> Any good documentations or references that might be helpful?
>
> Something like:
>
>  http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/
>
> Jim Dixon is also working on
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/jdixon/chan_usbradio-1.4/

There is an app-rpt mailing list.

I have several URIs (USB Radio Interface) from DMK Engineering
(www.dmkeng.com).  The are $100 but if you have a HAM license the
price drops by $30.  Very well made units, USB to DB25 and the best
part is that on the back, is a list of each pin and what it does,
printed and laminated, so no looking for schematics or docs.

To give credit where credit is due, this idea came from the now
defunct Dingotel (which is also supported in Jim Dixon's trunk of
app-rpt.  I still have a couple of those, which basically allow you to
connect HTs to PCs and bridge over the net.

If you are a do it yourself person, you can buy a $6 USB sound card
and modify it providing you have the time, skills, and get the correct
chipset.  I just bought the URIs and am glad I did because the
application is 100% duty.

"Steven Henke" <steve.w9sh at gmail.com> will be glad to help you I am sure.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro