[asterisk-dev] I finally did it! * IMPORTANT NEWS ON CHAN_SIP IN TRUNK

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jul 9 08:31:52 CDT 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> After years of preparation the sip_user is gone from chan_sip. We now
> only have one type of
> device in-memory data structure in trunk.

Could you elaborate as to why this is being done and how it is
beneficial? I see that you've mentioned you're doing it, but for the
benefit of all, I'd like to understand what these changes do for us as
integrators and users of Asterisk.

The way user/peer/friend is a bit convoluted in chan_sip, but after many
years of using it, I think we've gotten it pretty stable with some
reasonable documentation on how to use it.

I'm sure there are good intentions here, but as a non-developer I'm just
a bit confused as to what advantages we're getting out of this.

Thanks!
Leif.

--
Leif Madsen