[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 8 13:07:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 07:32:09PM +0200, Michiel van Baak wrote:

> It's loaded at the same place where the *descrip for an application is
> loaded right now.
>
> This way we only have the documentation loaded for the applications and
> function that are actually loaded into asterisk.
> For example, I dont need the MeetMe documentation loaded when app_meetme
> is not loaded (because of no dahdi for example)
>
> Maybe because I'm not a native english speaker there is some confusion.
> The whole documentation.xml is generated on build time.
> The module that is loaded by the loader will grab it's documentation
> from this file.

A single documentation.xml? How can it be updated for external modules?
And please let's not have a Mozilla-like app-registry.

What about incremental updates for translations? I don't want the es and
fr documentation, just as don't want their sound files. man pages for
languages reside in subdirectories. As are the sound files on Asterisk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com