[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 8 12:29:12 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> XML is fine for documentation, but I'd prefer to see it parsed at build time,
> not at runtime.  There is no good reason to shift that parsing to runtime.

How would that work for external modules?

Also, keep in mind that this metadata will likely get used for much more
than rebuilding the original blog of documentation.  This gives us a
step toward being able to do much more advanced dialplan validation at
load time.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer