[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] oej: trunk r128237 - /trunk/configs/sip.conf.sample

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Sun Jul 6 02:31:03 CDT 2008

On Sunday 06 July 2008 03:15:44 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 12:17:08AM -0400, Donny Kavanagh wrote:
> > To me the bindaddr/tcpbindaddr/bindport are a messy.
> >
> > We should go one way or the other, either:
> >
> > A) deprecate bindport and support bindaddr=x.x.x.x:port &
> > tcpbindaddr=x.x.x.x:port
> > OR
> > B) support tcpbindaddr only as x.x.x.x and add tcpbindport.
>
> What about ipv6 addresses (if and when ipv6 support is merged)?

In our IPv6 branch, bindport and bindaddr still are separate, but bindaddr can
be either an IPv4 or IPv6 address (obviously).

If the two were combined, it would have to be of this form:

IPv4: x.x.x.x:port
        OR
IPv6: [x::x]:port

So the parser would be able to recognize IPv6 addresses thanks to the square
brackets. That parsing function already exists in our IPv6 branch, it is
needed for parsing SIP headers.

Simon