[asterisk-dev] oej: trunk r128290 - /trunk/channels/chan_sip.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Jul 5 23:25:35 CDT 2008

On Jul 5, 2008, at 5:55 PM, SVN commits to the Digium repositories
wrote:

> Author: oej
> Date: Sat Jul  5 16:55:57 2008
> New Revision: 128290

> Log:
> Adding doxygen comments to missing parts, moving some #define
>
> ...trying to get my head around the thoughts behind the TCP/TLS stuff
> and figure out what needs to be done to make it useful...

I don't appreciate this comment.  Your help is welcome on this stuff,
as always, but let's keep it constructive.  Multiple people have spent
many hours on this, and it is already useful for a number of people.

> -	/* Saving TCP connections is useless, we won't be able to
> reconnect */
> +	/* Saving TCP connections is useless, we won't be able to reconnect
> +		XXX WHY???? XXX
> +		\todo check this
> +	*/

A bug was reported that connecting to a peer that registered via TCP
after an Asterisk restart was sometimes being done using UDP.  This
would happen if the connection happened before the peer re-registered.

The astdb entries did not reflect the transport.  For now, we just
didn't save TCP/TLS registrations.  For a number of reasons, there is
a good chance you can't connect back to them if the connection is
closed.  There is some room for improvement, but it's a reasonable
assumption to make most of the time.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer