[asterisk-dev] Caller/connected line ID updates * I NEED YOUR INPUT!!!

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Fri Jul 4 09:18:23 CDT 2008

4 jul 2008 kl. 12.01 skrev Matt Florell:

> Hello,
>
> I've dealt a lot with CallerID-related issues with all sorts of
> carriers, clients and applications all over the world on many
> different types of systems. Here is a quick example of what I think
> Asterisk should do with callerID information in trunk.
>
> Each channel would have the following callerID containers:
> - inbound_caller_id_num
> - inbound_caller_id_name
> - inbound_ani
> - outbound_caller_id_num
> - outbound_caller_id_name
> - outbound_ani
> - xfer_caller_id_num
> - xfer_caller_id_name
> - xfer_ani
> - caller_id_active
> - call_label
>
> The callerIDs are separated by name, number and ANI as well as the
> end-point that the specific IDs came from.
You don't have origin of caller ID there. Would that be the channel
name,
like SIP/olle-123814848 ?

> caller_id_active is the definition of the callerID name and number
> that would be used when an action like a Redirect takes place
> (inbound, outbound, xfer).
Please explain a bit more about the third one, xfer, which is new to me.
Is this for not overwriting the original caller ID?

How would this apply to a bridged call? Would each channel have up
to three caller ID structures, some of them copies of each other?

> call_label would be a definable label within Asterisk for a call that
> would follow a channel just like callerID currently does. This is
> present because channel variables do not always traverse all channel
> types and channel bridging and this field would allow more complete
> and much easier tracking of a channel by 3rd party applications.
Hmm. I think this is outside of this topic, but see what you mean.
This is
needed, especially since we're moving towards a bit more distributed
architecture (see Russell's work).

> With all of these containers of data, just about any kind of CallerID
> could be served no matter the technology or application.

Do you have any more practical examples outside of those that I
have in my document?

Thank you for your feedback, very much appreciated!

/Olle