[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.18-rc2 Now Available

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:31:45 CST 2008

On 1/30/08, Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:
> On 1/30/08, Brandon Kruse <bkruse at digium.com> wrote:
> > > Atis Lezdins wrote:
> > > Not that easy. Hour of running tests (got 2 such crashes so far). I'm
> > > trying to get some valgrind log right now, probably i'll have them
> > > tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Just posted it here, because maybe backtraces are helpful, and
> > > somebody sees what to fix immediately.
> >
> >     It is helpful, and there would be a hack of a fix, but there is a deeper issue.
> >     As file said, it could be memory corruption, because it is unlikely that the
> >     spyee channel does not have the name field set in the ast_channel struct.
> >

> Ok, i created an issue http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11877
>
> When running valgrind - i often got "show channels" displaying nothing
> or just few lines and then breaking (without total sum of channels).
> I've seen this "show channels" behavior  under high load, within
> previous versions. Does "show channels" have some kind of name
> validity check?
>
> Regards,
> Atis

Hello,

I can confirm this bug, although it is much better than previous 1.4.X
releases. 1.4.11 was a mess in that respect, at least this RC is
workable. I have been running 1.4.18rc2 in VICIDIAL performance
testing mode for the last 9 hours with a total of 124959 IAX calls so
far(over 35127 talk-minutes) all going through a series of meetme
rooms, and aside from the growing load on the server(in spite of the
number of concurrent calls staying consistent). I will post a pretty
graph after the test finishes or Asterisk crashes.

Back to the "show channels" behaviour, VICIDIAL uses it heavily and
there have always been issues with the accuracy of the results of
"show channels" going back to pre 1.0 Asterisk. I wrote in logic to
the VICIDIAL applications to be able to tell when Asterisk was
deciding just to not print out the Zap channels for instance in it's
"show channels" output. As for the current 1.4.X releases, it seems
that "show channels" is treated like several other elements in that it
will be sacrificed to allow another task to finish(which also happens
with DeadAGI [the 'h' exten] sometimes)

MATT---