[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.18-rc2 Now Available

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jan 30 08:33:34 CST 2008

Atis Lezdins wrote:
> When running valgrind - i often got "show channels" displaying nothing
> or just few lines and then breaking (without total sum of channels).
> I've seen this "show channels" behavior  under high load, within
> previous versions. Does "show channels" have some kind of name
> validity check?

Keep in mind that valgrind slows down the application _a lot_.  You will reach
high load much sooner than you would running without it.  It does make sense
that some of the behavior you are seeing could happen.  If the channel walk code
waits too long for the lock on a channel, it will skip it.  Though, it generally
doesn't happen unless there is a deadlock.  However, you certainly should always
see the summary printed at the end no matter what ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer