[asterisk-dev] Asterisk forwards Audio without early session

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Wed Jan 23 02:31:03 CST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 7:27 PM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> I think I've seen this in SIP2SIP situations too, and then Asterisk
> generates an 183 on the caller's side, without an 183 on the callee
> call leg.

I've seen that before, too. Mainly when the first audio packets are
quicker than the 200, which has to travel through a couple of proxies
in our network. Then Asterisk sends a 183 and the 200 after receiving
the 200 from the client. However, in this case it doesn't really
matter because it is actually speech audio and only for a few
milliseconds. But in my current issue the caller does not hear any
ringing at all - a situation most callers can't handle. ;)

Sebastian