[asterisk-dev] Iax Bug in Asterisk 1.2.26?

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Tue Jan 22 13:56:43 CST 2008

Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> we have  set up another asterisk as failover server  with the new
> version 1.2.26. There we have the problem if a call is directed to an
> IAX Trunk (user coming realtime from a mysql database) which is not
> registered or reachable. If the user is directly configured into the
> iax.conf file it works. But when it should come from the database the
> asterisk dies.

[snip]

The security bugfix for SIP/IAX realtime added in 1.2.26 tries to
dereference lots of null pointers - to the point that stock 1.2.26 is
unusable for me.

There are fixes for this in svn branches/1.2, but not in an official
release.

I've put the relevant diffs from SVN up as a patch, in case anyone wants
them who isn't comfortable with diffing around svn revisions:

http://www.vadacom.co.nz/engineering/1.2.26-sip_iax2_segfault_fixes.patch

Cheers,
    Nic.

--