[asterisk-dev] Unstable releases lately

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 17 07:08:59 CST 2008

Atis Lezdins wrote:

> For now i can maybe propose that official bundling and announcing is
> done like few days after tag is created. First announce it for example
> on asterisk-dev that this is going to get bundled, so most active
> people can test a little. I could personally try to launch our
> automated tests upon new RC, to see if they can crash it.

I think that's a good plan indeed; when we feel we are ready to make a
release (except for security vulnerability mitigation) we make the
release tag(s) in SVN and then announce them here. Two or three days
later, if there have been no reports of significant trouble we actually
push out the release.

Thanks for the simple suggestion, I don't know why we never thought of
this before :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies