[asterisk-dev] Easy packaging (Was unstable releases)

Joel Vandal jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca
Wed Jan 16 14:48:08 CST 2008

Hi,
> No, there's no need to move this discussion off this list -- I think the discussion of packaging Asterisk for various distributions is close enough to the topic of the list that we can let it continue here, unless it gets out of hand.  So, for now, let's keep the discussion going!

Excellent =)

I've receive some comments about RPMS we build on our servers...  I must
clarify that I've not write all .spec files that are available on our
repos/download server, lots come from others repos but all has been
rebuild and has been integrated on our own, to ease installation, so our
customers have only 1 repo to configure.

Also, I've made an error on a previous post, we dont use YAM but DAR
(from http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/dar/) to build all our RPMS and
this script can also be enhanced to support .DEB creation.

I do tons of compilation (that can take several hours when have to
compile 10-15 x the same packages for different distro/archs) and
testing, I'm currently working to enhance our build environment, add
more servers (distcc), automatically install build on test server (that
run on different distro), execute load/stress test on Asterisk/Zaptel
(using sipp, test dialplan, net/cpe bri/pri, etc...).

--
Joel Vandal, CTO
ScopServ International Inc.